PH - Reducer - PH minus & Alkalinity Reducer
Hot Tub PH ReducerFor when you need to lower the pH value of your hot tub to the required 7.2 to 7.6. Also used as a Total Alkalinity reducer.
- Lowers pH level
- Promotes bather comfort
- Reduces Total Alkalinity
The ideal pH levels are between 7.2-7.6, promoting bather comfort, optimum chemical efficiency and protection of Hot Tub equipment. Test the pH of your water, and if it is above 7.2, use pH Minus to lower it.
You can find a video on how to use the PH Reducer on our page on how to use chemicals.
- Pre-dissolve the product in a clean plastic container at a maximum rate of 100g of product per 2.2 gallons (10lts) of clean warm water. Stir well to ensure product is fully dissolved. Carefully add the resulting solution to the pool whilst the pump(s) are turned on, preferably near to the water inlets to aid distribution.
- After a minimum of 8 hours, recheck the pH level and if necessary repeat the treatment until the ideal pH is established. Please note a number of treatments may be required.
- Wear eye and face protection and ensure granules are not blown back into your face.
- Never mix with other chemicals including household cleaners as a dangerous reaction may occur.
- When pre-dissolving always add product to water and not vice versa.
Handling/StorageImportant - see risk and safety phrases on container
- Handle products in a well ventilated area - preferably outdoors.
- Wash hands after use.
- Ensure chemicals do not become damp in storage - store in a cool dry place.