How Energy Efficient and Eco-Friendly Are Hotspring Hot Tubs?
What makes Hotspring Spas Energy Efficient
Relaxing in your hot tub can prove difficult when the bills it produces are anything but. Hotspring hot tubs are truly the most energy efficient spas on the market today, meaning substantially lower running costs than others. Whilst some hot tub manufacturers claim to fully foam their spas, quite often the foam used is low density, which has far less benefit than the total insulation you get with a HotSpring.
Energy Efficient by Design
Hotspring spas are the most energy efficient hot tubs on the market today, because of a few key factors:
- Multiple layers of foam inside the spa cabinet which reduce heat loss to a minimum
- Low current SilentFlo pumps which give round the clock filtration, whilst consuming less energy than a domestic 75W light bulb
- Equipment compartment specially laid out to route warm air from running gear back into the system to reduce energy required heat the water.
- Tailored to fit covers with high density foam which creates a seal against the hot tub shell, minimising heat loss
- Spa water temperature is kept at a regular temperature, which stops an energy wasting cooling and heating cycle
How much will running a Prestige hot tub cost?
Calculating the monthly cost to run a hot tub is dependant on spa model, running temperature chosen, how often the jets are used, the ambient temperature, and the price of electricity in your area.
To get a rough idea of energy cost where you are, please try our online spa running costs calculator. The costs presented related to actual, known and documented energy consumption figures for medium sized Prestige hot tubs, based on heavy use. As previously stated, the actual running costs for your spa will be dependant on the model you own and your pattern of use.
Reduced Running Costs for existing Spa owners
If you are currently the owner of another brand of spa, you will really notice the lower running costs when switching to Hotspring. In California, where Hotspring manufacturing is based, all models have been certified to the CEC (California Energy Commission) as fully compliant, which means they have the greatest energy efficiency and lowest environmental impact possible - with the added benefit of being less harsh on your wallet.
What makes Hotspring Spas Eco-Friendly?
Natural Water Care Options
The environmentally friendly integrated water care systems inside Hotspring hot tubs ensure that spa water is kept much cleaner, for much longer. this is due to certain design features, including..
- Hotspring hot tubs feature 100% water filtration, meaning no water passes through the system without passing through the filter
- Filters with Tri-X technology, a patented design which utilises an enhanced 3D surface area, boosting filtration potential and extending filter life
- Integrated ozone system by Freshwater which neutralises any water contaminants, which greatly reduced the need for harsh and expensive chemicals to sanitise water
- Optional continuous silver ion based FreshWater Ag+® sanitation system, which uses cutting edge technology to sanitise spa water using environmentally sound methods, without chlorine
- Optional AutoFresh® water care setup which uses the latest technology to give another zero-chlorine sanitising option for your spa water
Hotspring are always striving to find new ways of lessening the impact their activities have on the environment, particularly during the manufacturing process, these include..
- Powering manufacturing using their own on-location generators, which lessen the load on the local power grid
- Giving back waste and excess material used in hot tub sidings given to suppliers, for further use and recycling
- Spare material after forming Hotspring hot tub shells ground and reused by suppliers
- Waste metals taken to a recycling depot to be reused in new and useful items
- All brochures and marketing printed on recycled paper